ARTICLE 29-I VOLUNTARY FOSTER CARE AGENCY (VFCA) HEALTH FACILITY SERVICES
New Foster Care Transition to Medicaid Managed Care- Special Population for Medicaid and Special Needs Plan Members
Starting July 1, 2021, MetroPlusHealth will cover Article 29-I Voluntary Foster Care Agency (VFCA) Health Facility services for children and youths under age 21 in foster care and other special populations, as indicated.
Also starting July 1, 2021, some children and youth must join a Medicaid managed care plan, including:
- children and youth placed in foster care in New York City, and
- children and youth placed in foster care and a 29-I VFCA Health Facility
Some children and youth placed in foster care cannot join a Medicaid managed care plan. They will keep getting services through regular Medicaid.
What You Need to Know:
29-I VFCA Health Facilities work with families to promote well-being and positive outcomes for children in their care. 29-I VFCA Health Facilities use trauma informed practices to meet the unique needs of each child.
29-I VFCA Health Facilities may only serve children and youth referred by the local district of social services.
The 29-I VFCA Health Facility services available on July 1, 2021 include:
Core Limited Health-Related Services
- Skill Building
- Nursing Supports and Medication Management
- Medicaid Treatment Planning and Discharge Planning
- Clinical Consultation and supervision
- Managed Care Liaison/Administration
Other Limited Health-Related Services
- Screening, diagnosis, and treatment services related to physical health
- Screening, diagnosis, and treatment services related to developmental and behavioral health
- Children and Family Treatment and Support Services (CFTSS)
- Children’s Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- If eligible, Health Home Care Management Services
MetroPlus Health will cover Core Limited Health Related Services for children and youth placed with a 29-I VFCA Health Facility.
MetroPlus will cover Other Limited Health Related Services provided by 29-I VFCA Health Facilities to eligible children and youth.
To learn more about these services, call Member Services at 800-303-9626.
VFCA Providers and Service Providers, click here to visit our provider site for more information.
What do our service providers need to know?
Educational Materials/ Useful Links: