MetroPlusHealth, the five-star rated health plan of choice for over 600,000 New Yorkers, will host a virtual town hall addressing discrimination, bias, and hate against Asian Americans and other New Yorkers.
At MetroPlusHealth, we are a community and a family. When one of us is hurting, all of us are hurting. Standing together as a community against bias and hate is the surest way to help defeat both.
The Facebook Live town hall will take place on Thursday, May 20th from 10AM to 12PM. The event can be viewed at https://www.facebook.com/MetroPlusHealth.
The discussion will be moderated by ABC7NY journalist Cefaan Kim with the following panelists scheduled to appear:
- Dr. Talya Schwartz, President & CEO, MetroPlusHealth
- Kathy Hochul, NYS Lieutenant Governor
- Carmelyn Malalis, Chair & Commissioner, NYC Commission on Human Rights
- Dr. Eric Wei, Senior Vice President, NYC Health+Hospitals
- Christina Seid, AAPI Influencer/Owner, Chinatown Ice Cream Factory
Please join us for the live event — or view post-event at our Youtube channel here.
Read press release >>