In this day and age, 65 is the new 55, maybe even the new 50. One thing hasn’t changed: At 65 you can still become eligible for Medicare.
DON’T FEEL LIKE READING?
Just give us a call! Our Medicare experts are on hand seven days a week at 855.591.2941.
With Medicare, you can get good, low-cost medical care. Medicare can seem like a puzzle at first. The good news is, the puzzle has just four parts: A, B, C, and D.
You can qualify for Medicare if you are:
- a U.S. citizen
- a legal resident who has lived in the U.S. for at least five years, including the five years before you enroll.
You enroll in a Medicare plan for yourself only. Each person in a family must enroll on their own
ORIGINAL MEDICARE (Parts A and B)
Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B are “original” Medicare. They cover hospital stays and doctor visits.
- Part A is free for most people
- Most people pay a premium for Part B
Part A is hospital insurance, and gives you things like:
- Inpatient care: hospital room or skilled nursing facility (SNF) room
- Meals while you’re under hospital or SNF care
- Equipment costs
- Nurse care
- Surgery, other procedures
Note: You only have to pay for Part A if and when you use it.
Part B is medical insurance, and gives you:
- Outpatient care (such as clinic visits, treatments)
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices (sleep apnea machines, wheelchairs, etc.)
- Preventive care (like Covid boosters, flu shots
Note: You must enroll in Part B when you are first eligible for Part A. If you sign up for Part B later than Part A, you might pay a penalty.
MEDICARE ADVANTAGE (Part C)
Medicare Part C is private insurance. It covers everything included in Part A and Part B, and more, like:
- Prescription drugs
- Vision, dental, and hearing care
We offer several plans. You can choose one that is right for you.
PRESCRIPTION DRUGS (Part D)
Part D is just for prescription drugs. You can sign up for Part A and B and use Part D to get your medicines.
Note: Each Part D plan has its own list of approved drugs. Make sure you choose a Part D plan that has the drugs you need.
MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT PLANS
Medicare Supplement plans can cover costs that Parts A and B do not cover. They are for people who want to cover these costs without joining a Part C plan.
Joining a Medicare plan might seem hard. But we are here to help you at every step. Call us any day of the week at 855.591.2941 or email us at [email protected].